- Who is responsible for processing your data
- What data do we collect, how we use it and on what basis
- Purposes of processing Personal Data
- Who are the recipients of your personal data
- Where we store your data
- What are your rights when you provide us with your data
- How long do we store your data
- Procedures for the Exercise of Rights by the Owner of Personal Data
For Taguspark S.A. the privacy and protection of your Personal Data is very important.
Every time you use the Taguspark website or when you otherwise have a relationship with Taguspark (eg registration on the website and in applications), the Personal Data you transmit to us will be treated in accordance with the legal requirements defined for each particular situation.
1. Who is responsible for processing your data?
The person responsible for the processing of Personal Data is the Executive Administrator of Taguspark, a legal person governed by public law, headquartered at the Núcleo Central, 100, 2740 – 122 Oeiras, holder of the legal person identification number 502857587.
2. What data do we collect from citizens who contact Taguspark, how do we use them, on what basis and where do we store them?
Taguspark collects different types of Personal Data for different purposes, namely:
- Employer name
- E-mail address
3. The purposes for processing personal data are as follows:
- Scheduling of visits aimed at setting up business in Taguspark;
- Scheduling visits with the purpose of holding events at Taguspark;
- Communication of information about activities taking place at Taguspark under the terms defined by the data subject through their express, free and informed consent.
4. Who are the recipients of your persponal data?
The data collected by Taguspark are solely and exclusively for internal processing. Under no circumstances will Taguspark carry out international transfers of your data to a third country or international organization located outside the European Union.
5. Where do we store your data?
Taguspark stores on servers that are in a secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure the Personal Data that the user provides.
Taguspark adopts the necessary and adequate technical, electronic and organizational procedures to guarantee the security of your Personal Data and to prevent its loss, misuse or improper access.
Taguspark frequently reviews its data collection, storage and processing policies to ensure that it only collects, stores and processes the information that is essential for the provision or improvement of the services.
Taguspark adopts the proper procedures to ensure that your information is correct, complete and current, but it is up to you to update or correct your personal information when necessary.
In cases where subcontractors have access to personal data to carry out data processing on behalf of Taguspark, we have taken measures to ensure compliance with the requirements imposed by the General Data Protection Regulation (RGPD).
Any entity subcontracted by Taguspark will process the personal data in its name and on behalf of the latter, and the necessary technical and organizational measures will be taken to protect the personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, alteration, dissemination or non-access authorized and against any other form of unlawful processing.
When required by law, personal data may be made available to supervisory agencies, tax authorities or investigating authorities.
7. What are your rights when you provide us with your data?
In accordance with applicable law, Taguspark undertakes to respect the confidentiality of your personal information and guarantee the exercise of your rights to:
- Right to be informed: users and employees have the right to obtain clear, transparent and understandable information about how Taguspark uses their Personal Data.
- Right of access: in addition to the right to information, you will be able to access your personal data. In these cases, Taguspark will provide you with a copy of the personal data being processed. Furthermore, when you request it through electronic means, the information will be provided in a commonly used electronic format.
- Right of rectification: you have the right to rectify your personal data if they are incorrect, out of date or if you want to complete them.
- Right to delete/right to be forgotten: you can ask us to delete your data, however please note that this is not a universal right as we may have legal grounds or other legitimate interests for the retention of your personal data.
- Right at any time to withdraw your consent to the processing of data: you can withdraw your consent to the processing of data when such processing is based on your consent.
Withdrawal of consent does not compromise the legality of the treatment based on the consent previously given.
- Right to file a complaint with the National Control Authority:
The data owner has the right to file a complaint with the National Data Protection Commission – CNPD | Rua de São Bento, nº 148, 3º, 1200-821 Lisbon | Tel: 351 213928400 | Fax: +351 213976832 | e-mail: email@example.com
Please do not hesitate to contact us before submitting any complaint to the CNPD.
- Right to data portability: you have the right to move, copy or transfer data from our database to another.
- Right to limitation of processing: you have the right to request restriction of the processing of your data in the following situations: if you dispute the accuracy of the data, if the processing is unlawful and you do not want to delete your data, but only limit them, if the data is no longer necessary for the Taguspark, but necessary for the visitor/client or if they have exercised the aforementioned right of opposition, during the period of time in which Taguspark analyzes whether their legitimate interests for the treatment prevail or not over that right.
To request the exercise of any of the rights listed above, in addition to the forms specifically referred to in the respective paragraphs, you can do so by sending an email to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. How long do we store your data?
The period of time for which data is stored and preserved varies according to the purpose for which the information is processed.
There are legal requirements that oblige you to keep data for a certain period of time.
Whenever there is no specific legal requirement, the data will be stored and kept only for the minimum period necessary to pursue the purposes that motivated its collection.
9. Procedures for the exercise of rights by the holder
The right of access, rectification, deletion and portability, as well as the right to object and the right to complain, can be exercised by the holder by contacting Taguspark, through the following email address: email@example.com.
Taguspark will respond to the holder’s request within a maximum period of one month from receipt of the request, except in cases of special complexity, in which this period can be extended up to two months.
If the requests submitted by the holder are manifestly unfounded or excessive, namely due to their repetitive nature, Taguspark reserves the right to charge administrative costs or refuse to proceed with the request.